PikaTAG® – Cryogenic Vial Cap Labeling Kit (Patent Pending)
- 1 PikaTAG® Applicator
- 1 Refill Sheet (48 tip replacements)
- 1 roll of 4,000 cryogenic dot labels (0.35″diameter) for vial caps (1” or 3” core)
GA International is proud to present an innovative system specially designed for the application of small labels into indented-cap style cryogenic storage vials commonly used for storage in the vapor phase, and liquid phase liquid nitrogen (-196°C / -321°F). These cryovial caps are difficult to label unless a special insert is used. Our new PikaTAG® tool allows you to quickly pick-up small labels from their liner and easily apply them into the vial caps. With a unique ergonomic design, PikaTAG® is easy to handle and use: simply remove the protective cap, press to pick up one label, then transfer to deposit the label into the indented cap. The slight bend at the end of the rod-shaped tool allows for the precise application of pressure at both stages of the labeling process. PikaTAG® saves you a great amount of precious time via quick and effortless label placement.
Each PikaTAG® kit is comprised of a reusable ergonomic applicator tool, a roll of thermal-transfer printable or hand-writable cryogenic resistant label dots, and a sheet of 48 refill tips that allow for the application of upwards of 100 labels per refill tip. A replaceable cap is provided to protect the refill tips after each use.
For better applicator pick-up performance, place a soft surface (i.e., mouse pad, lab notebook) underneath the label’s liner/backing.
- Each kit is enough to label up to 4,000 vial caps
- Specially designed to securely label indented cryogenic vial caps with hand-written or printed information
- Quick access to sample information by scanning vials still inside the box
- Ergonomic design for easy label application regardless of indentation depth
- Touchless, glove-friendly labeling prevents cross contamination and fiddling with labels
- Zero risks of cap insert pop-out and information loss
- Can also label flat cap tubes and vials
- Cryo labels in the kit can be printed with 2D barcodes and serialized alphanumerical information using common thermal transfer printers
- Provides an economical alternative to plastic cap inserts
- Compatible with cryovial removal tool
- For use with most common cryogenic vials (1.2 to 5ml) including Nunc® #375418, Nalgene®#5000-0020, Corning™#430488, Simport® #T301, T308, T309, T310, and T311, Greiner Cryo.s™, and similar vials
RECOMMENDED RIBBONS FOR LABELS
Smudge and Alcohol Proof Resin Ribbons: RR-CLASS