Automated Labels & Tube Labeling Machines
Using automated labels, along with lab automation systems has a number of benefits, from reducing errors, and labor-intensive work, to saving time and money. This is especially true for labs that handle a high volume of samples, or perform high-throughput screens, as automated labeling systems eliminate the need to hand label vials and plates, allowing staff to focus on more productive work and experiments. This can include biobanks, clinical research and drug development labs, as well as pharmaceutical companies. These tube labeling machines are also far more consistent when applying the labels, helping to reduce errors, and making barcode label scanning more reliable. As such, automated labels also have a far lower probability of becoming wrinkled or peeling, which can be a problem when throughput increases.
Auto labeler machines also have the ability to be equipped with verification options for your automated labels, including scanners and imagers, to ensure barcodes are scannable and text is legible. This can improve sample tracking, and reduce labeling errors. In addition, most vial labeling machines can also accommodate additional accessories, such as bulk tube feeders, liquid handlers, as well as cappers and de-cappers. This can greatly reduce manipulation time, allowing you to set up your tubes or plates, labels, and buffers, turn the machine on, and then walk away to perform other tasks. They can also be equipped with a thermal-transfer printer, allowing for printing of variable data or serialized information on your automated labels prior to application. These print-and-apply tube label applicators are a great tool for increasing productivity and efficiency in the lab.
The Power of Automated Labels
- Automated labeling provides valuable walk-away time
- Improves labeling consistency
- Reduces human error
- Reduces repetitive injuries from hand labeling tubes
- Small benchtop automation saves space in the lab
- Improves accuracy
- Increases productivity and efficiency in the lab
- Increases cost savings
Scinomix Automated Tube & Plate Labeling Systems
- Label automation can make the labeling process fully automated, reducing the time and effort required to identify tubes and plates.
- Full and semi-automated systems that can label tubes ranging from
0.5 mL to 50 mL in size, microplates, as well as Matrix and Micronic 2D vials.
- Tube labeler machines can be configured to sort racked tubes, receive bulk tubes, uncap or recap tubes, fill tubes, and scan barcodes.
LabTAG® Cryogenic Labels for Lab Automation
LabTAG® automation labels are designed for use with all Scinomix thermal-transfer automated print-and-apply barcode systems for tubes and cryo vials.
- Cryogenic automated labels are waterproof and withstand long-term storage in liquid nitrogen (-196°C/-321°F).
- Labels can be customized to withstand the most rigorous laboratory environments, including autoclave sterilization and exposure to harsh solvents.
Get a tailored solution for your needs and book a meeting with one of our experts now!
Scinomix Automation Solutions
Automated Labels & Fully-automated Tube Handling
The Sci-Print VX2 and Sci-Print VXL automated vial labelers share similar functionality, with the only difference being the amount of tubes each can hold. The Sci-Print VX2 has a work deck of 6 racks and can hold up to 600 tubes, while the Sci‐Print VXL has a 12‐position work deck of 12 racks and can hold up to 1,200 tubes.
- Throughput of 425 tubes/hour
- Sci-Print VX2: 6-position work deck (accommodates up to 600 tubes)
- Sci-Print VXL: 12-position work deck (accommodates up to 1200 tubes)
- Thermal-transfer printer
- Ability to handle honeycomb plates
- Labels tubes and vials ranging from 0.5 mL to 50 mL
- Uncapping and recapping of screw top lids (if filling option is required)
Semi-Automated Labeling Device
The Sci-Print SOLO tube labeler is used for manual labeling of tubes ranging from 0.5 mL to 50 mL. It is commonly integrated into larger automated systems.
- Thermal-transfer printer (300 or 600 dpi)
- Vial sizes from 0.5 mL up to 50 mL (8 mm to 29 mm in diameter)
- Windows-based software
Scinomix offers add-on components that can be used with the VX Series to offer robust solutions tailored to your labs specific needs.
Add-On: Bulk Tube Feeder
The Scinomix VXQ is a bulk tube handler that eliminates hand loading of tubes into racks, effectively saving you time in the lab. Its flexible design allows the user to easily change tube types with the touch of a button.
- Handles 200 to 300 bulk tubes per hour
- Handles multiple tube types with the same system
- Works with a variety of vials ranging from 0.5 mL to 15 mL
- Touch-screen control
- Easily create, store, and change multiple tube definitions
- Retrofits to existing machines in the field
Add-On: Automated Capping and Decapping Device
The Scinomix RapidCap is an automated capping and de-capping device that eliminates the time consuming and tedious task of capping and de-capping tubes in the lab, providing significant time savings.
- Caps and de‐caps 0.5 mL or 2 mL cryo vials
- Capping rate: approximately 6.5 seconds per tube
- De‐capping rate: approximately 4.0 seconds per tube
- Easy set‐up, self‐contained, plug-and-play system, (no external computer required)
- All electric (no air required)
Reviews from customers who used our Labeling Automation System
Get in Touch
Tell us a little bit about yourself and one of our experts will be in touch with you shortly.